Sunday, August 29, 2010

A fresh new page...

My original intentions with this blog were to make it a humourous blog based on my new adventures into being a not so innocent girl anymore.

The problem with that is while I can be quite humourous, sex-humour it seems is something which evades me.

I've realized, if I want this blog to do anything for me, it needs to be raw and real.

So maybe it's about to take a more girly turn than I had hoped. It might just borderline mushy and romantic. But that's kind of what life is for me right now.

You see, I've never actually had a serious relationship. My track record for longest currently sits at 4 months, and two of those months the guy was only with me because he wanted to wait until we were back at school before breaking up with me.

I've never dated someone who really, truly liked me enough to actually want to be with me. Most of them became bored with me after a couple of weeks, or decided I was too much of a challenge. The lack of complexity apparently brings forward a bigger challenge for most men.

And then there were the guys who dated me because they were bored of being single, and thought that it would make me happy. No wonder they only stuck around for a month or so -- I can't imagine actually dating someone you didn't have feelings for.

So the fact that my boyfriend actually likes me, and is brave enough to express it continuously is kind of new to me. The fact that he thinks I'm beautiful, and that he doesn't want to flirt with other girls is new to me.

My trust issues are crazy when it comes to this. I'm in constant fear that he is about to turn around and tell me it's over, but I'm learning.

Relationships are not something you just magically know how to do. They are things that need to be worked at, and that take time to develop into something real.

This is where my next adventure lies. In discovering that relationships can be built on more than fickle reasons, and learning that it is possible to find someone who makes you feel like a million bucks, even on your worst of days.

1 comment:

  1. I've read your comment via 20sb and I find it nice to read some honest comments from there and I know I had to read your blog...

    It is nice to have a boyfriend who actually cares.. as you've said, some people just date for the sake of dating and having someone around them... but having someone we know who thinks we are pretty and attractive --- it's totally a different thing..

    I have been going out with my boyfriend for 4 yrs now and sometimes, we dont know where it leads, but the fact that we are both confident about our love, it still feels exciting, although we're looking forward to getting married soon :)

    I started dating just like you did, I was a late bloomer, dated some guys around who weren't that committed, and when I started dating my boyfriend now, things changed :)

    Hahaha! I am corny! I know...

    For more corny: please follow me @ thetinytincan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete